Monday, June 8, 2009

Staycation: Day 1

I took a week off of work (YAY!) Figuring out vacation between mine and Kolby's job didn't quite work out, so he only has 4 days off (which is better then none!) Anyway, we decided on a "stay-cation" instead of a vacation somewhere that requires most of our time driving to and from our destination.
So, Day 1:
We started with breakfast at Denny's with Kolby before he had to go to work. That place draws all sorts of people, wow.... Next, we headed to the zoo, knowing the weather was supposed to be 74 and scattered showers. There were in fact, scattered showers, but it was just enough to make the smelly animals "bear-able" (haha, couldn't help myself!) Maddax slept through most of his very first trip to the zoo, but Hannah loved it!
When we got home, the weather was a constant downpour of rain. So I dug through boxes to find my sewing machine. I whipped out some extra fabric and made a pennant banner for Maddax's room:
So it was a productive day...Later this week we will have Hannah's 5th birthday, maybe the Discovery Museum, hiking Mt. Timp, Lagoon...any suggestions?

3 comments:

Amber said...

You look really cute with the short hair and bangs...I am still not sure..I go back and forth

amy and josh said...

By Discovery Museum do you mean Children's Museum? My sisters and kids went to Wheeler Farm (which is free) and they totally had a blast with all the animals.

Amy said...

Sounds like fun.