Monday, September 7, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

I love, love, love days off!!! All last week I kept thinking of things I wanted to do with my 3-day weekend. Of course I came up with more ideas than I could possibly fit into a year of weekends. But, when the weekend came, I was content to just go with the flow. Friday night I decided to paint my office (it is not decorated and needs some finishing touches), but Kolby said the color was "delightful," and I really like it too :)
Saturday, well, not sure what I did...grocery shopping, not much...but it was nice not to have to run from one place to another with plans. Sunday was of course, restful, we ended the day with a nice walk to the park and met some more of our neighborhood.
And TODAY----well, we decided to head up the canyon and see where we ended up. $6 later (yes, can you believe they charge you $6 to drive up the canyon!!!) we drove through the Alpine Loop, the leaves are already changing colors, it was so beautiful. Then we stopped around Bridal Veil Falls and played in the water, then ended the day at Color Me Mine in the Riverwoods, where we each painted a cup/mug.
Maddax didn't like that he couldn't participate, but I can't wait to see how they turn out! (notice Hannah is now missing TWO teeth in her picture-if you ask her about it, she will gladly tell you how the tooth fairy forgot to come the first night-oops!)
Finally, it would seem Maddax doesn't care for actual toys very much, but her sure loves real things, like cell phones, keys, cabinets, and the piano...he LOVES the piano. Lucky me ;)

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Love that blue color. I can't believe how big Maddax is!

amy and josh said...

Your kids are so cute! I am glad you got some time off. Your office looks great. we need to get together again soon!