Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life has a funny way of working out

It is very interesting for me to reflect on the last few months of our life. I can definitely see how faith has paid off. The renters of our townhouse moved out May 1st and we had listed it for rent for a month before that, with nothing promising. This meant paying two mortgages this month-ouch. Not long after, a position opened at work that I'd been working towards but there was another candidate also applying for the position who was well qualified.
Then our ward split---well split isn't the right phrase. It's more like we were plucked from our ward and put into a ward they formed just for us. Now, if anyone really knows me, it takes me a while to get comfortable with people and become friends. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. After only living in this ward for 2 years, I felt robbed and deflated that I'd be starting over again.

BUT-
I took the attitude that I needed to Trust in God, then go and do. (A lesson I had taught in Relief Society not more than 2 months before.) It was much easier to teach the lesson than to translate into my actual life. However, I decided I'd experiment with it anyway. I gave my best efforts to listing the townhouse, I made changes to the requirements as I saw fit. I gave 100% to my job interview, doing research before, polishing my resume and going in with all I had. As for the new ward, I decided that things would work out and I needed to just give it a chance.

And what happened?

Well, I got the promotion (see previous post). In my new ward I was called to the Young Women's Presidency as the first counselor, meaning I will be working with the 14 yr old girls. (mind you there are only 3 or 4 young women TOTAL...but let's not get into that just yet.) The other ladies in the presidency are going to be great to work with and I can tell we are going to be really good friends. Finally, a high school friend referred someone to our townhome and we are signing the lease this week.

These may not seem to be a big deal to most people, but to me, I can see that my Heavenly Father is looking out for me. Even if things had not gone this way, I know that it would have meant something just as good, if not better, down the road. This doesn't mean that new trials haven't popped up in the last 7 days to replace the ones I had before...because trust me, they have. With that in mind, I will continue to trust in God, then go and do.

No comments: