My turn as a mother of a 2 year-old boy would not have been complete without a trip for stitches. As Maddax's 3rd birthday is only 3 days away, I should have known something like this was coming.

When I got home from work today, Maddax ran in the door to turn on the lights. In doing so, he tripped over a pair of my shoes which landed his forehead square on the corner of a console table. It was LOUD.
He came running and I have never seen something get so large, so quickly. I could honestly see the goose egg growing. (In 30 seconds it grew to almost 1/2" off his forehead, no exaggeration.) Good old adrenaline kicked in and as quickly as we came in the door, we promptly left.
A trip to the Urgent Care center determined A)we would not in fact have to go to the Emergency Room since he wasn't acting more strange than usual and B)he would need stitches.
He was pretty good to hold still, he was loving the attention from the nurse. Not having eaten dinner by 7:30pm and the stress, adrenaline and nausea set in watching this being done, and I just had to sit down-life punched me in the gut today.
3 stitches, 3 days before his 3rd birthday...thank you lady luck-
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I am glad that he is ok, and it sounds like mom will be too! ;)
Oh man! Don't you ever get a break?
Post a Comment