So, I told the kids they could get a small low-maintenance pet if they bought it themselves. I never thought they'd come up with the money for the pet, cage, food, etc so quickly...
After literally emptying their piggy banks and adding in the money Hannah got for her birthday from grandparents and friends, they had enough money to buy a guinea pig and her cage and supplies. (over $100!!)
They chose this sweet little friend they lovingly named 'Chubbies.' We've had her now for two weeks and they still adore her. She is settling in and I think we may have a keeper.
(Now just for clarification sake, we have always been good pet owners, its just that in the past, the pets have been found new loving homes after a few short months...don't want anyone thinking we weren't good to the little creatures who've been in our home.)

No comments:
Post a Comment