Monday, May 18, 2009

Drama, drama, drama


What a day. I am an insurance adjuster for homeowner's insurance claims, I look at people's drama, give them a check and drive off into the sunset. {Admittedly, there is more to it than that, but you get the gist.} Well, after spending 6 hours in the car, I get a frantic call from my renter, the living room has flooded. Say What?! How, what, why?

Oh man. Being on the other end of this deal is no fun.

I head on over to take a look, my best guess is a frozen hose bib. I did remove the hose last winter, but alas, the craptastic freezing weather still got me. So, the carpet, pad, walls and baseboard are wet, and my renters hate me even more. I had to call the pro's who cut out the pad and suggested cutting out the baseboard {I asked them to hold off a day and see if it dries out....please dry out!} The plumber will have to cut a hole in the wall (to which I have NO touch up paint left), then leave me a big fat bill.

Great. What next?

Fortunately, in the meantime as I deal, the sweet neighbors were out with their kids having a swim-fest with toys, pools and such. They took Hannah for about two hours and had a blast. Man, I miss that neighborhood.

Anyway, I needed to vent, so there you go. On the bright side, no broken bones from the rollerblades yet! I'll keep trying to de-stress & look on the "bright side." :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

It must be your year for a hard time. Try the stress reduction kit! Really, I am sorry. Good luck.

Ariana said...

Oh man, how'd it break in May?? I guess winter damage and it finally gave up and broke? Ugh. No fun. House floods are oh my HATE list (for more info, look at my blog around 3 Christmases ago...) :-)

Ariana said...

Oh, and yes, we are expecting #2 in december. I forget where and who I've told! It's very much public info at this point, because that big brother shirt is Preston's new favorite and he wants to wear it all the time :)